Founder of Berkana and creator of the Performance Gap Indicator, Jo is an international management consultant and thought leader on business performance. She has over 20 years experience guiding clients to close performance gaps and create sustainable results that matter.
After years with the The Disney Co. and General Electric, Jo developed a passion for what it takes to create and maintain a world-class organization. Known as a ‘fanatical collaborator,’ Her enthusiasm, spirit, and caring fosters the learning and discovery necessary to develop the insight and skills that create lasting change. Jo has consulted and led leadership courses in over 20 countries and 6 continents with one unwavering focus—drive bottom-line results.
Under Jo’s guidance, Team Berkana has consulted in a wide variety of industries. Client partners include: SAP, Homeland Security, Nike, Concur, General Electric, ARIBA, The Disney Co., INC Magazine, Saudi Arabia Royal Air Force, Hotel Nikko, The Home Depot, Thompson Medical Centers – Singapore, Cleveland Mapplyinuseum of Art, National Malaysian Conferences.
Organizations partner with Jo and her team for many reasons: resources, budget, and deadlines. But they all come back for the same reason...they value Berkana’s ability to connect quickly, the spirit of collaboration, and the measurable impact on their bottom-line.
2018 The Leadership + Talent Development Summit Speaking Topics:
LEVERAGE THE PGI AND CLOSE PERFORMANCE GAPS WITH LASER PRECISION
The Challenge- Why do your clients hire you? To drive performance and deliver results.
The Solution- Turn anonymous employee feedback into actionable performance data. Learn how to use The Performance Gap Indicator [PGI] to rapidly assess and benchmark a business’ performance gaps. Better data equals better decisions.
The Process- The PGI provides anonymous, authentic, and actionable data about the company’s leading Non-Financial Key Performance Indicators. Built on the lessons learned from decades of client projects, we streamlined the wide array of Non-Financial KPIs into 5 all-encompassing categories:
1. CULTURE - The written and unwritten set of values, beliefs, and behaviors which determine how your company’s employees interact with one another, with customers, and your vendors.
2. OPERATIONS - The process, systems, and procedures required to consistently conduct your business at the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
3. LEADERSHIP - The direction, clarity, and accountability which inspires and empowers others to reach the vision.
4. TRAINING - The process of providing leaders and teams the tools, time and guidance to master their responsibilities based upon your company’s stated performance standards.
5. SERVICE - The ability to consistently exceed customer expectations which generates increased repeat and referral business by providing exceptional service.
Most companies make the mistake of relying on lagging indicators - financial reports and past goal measurement to map out their future success. That’s crazy! They are only looking at half the picture! Can you imagine only looking at where you have been on a map in order to get to your destination?
- Digg deeper and faster into client issues
- Provide pre-and post-measurement analytics
- Create an additional revenue stream
Learn to leverage the power of leading indicators by using the Performance Gap Indicator. Regardless of industry or size of company, this assessment will soon be your favorite power tool.