Earning Your Stripes
by Sheila Murray Bethel, PhD.
You can't claim leadership. You earn it. No matter where your commitment
takes you, or what your leadership accomplishes, it is exciting to know that
you are always in the process of earning your leadership stripes by:
· Treating people as if today is the only day you have to help them reach
their full potential.
· Teaching the benefits of setting a good example to the lowest level people
in your organization.
· Knowing that if you take very good care of today, tomorrow will take care of
· Accepting full responsibility and accountability for your thoughts and
· Taking time each day to be alone, to communicate with your God, to think about
your mission in life, and how you are going to make a difference.
When you have the courage to be a leader continually committed to
your stripes, your potential is endless.
© Bethel Institute, 2004
Sheila Murray Bethel, Ph.D. is author of the best-selling book, Making a Difference 12
Qualities That Make You A Leader, host of the Public Television series Making a
Difference, and recipient of the Speaker Hall of Fame award. She can be reached at 800
548-8001, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit at her web site: